Yet as you probably suspect, custom ringtones also have a practical side. After all, it lets you know who’s calling only by the sound of the ringtone. If your boss or a family member are calling you regularly, you will probably appreciate a heads-up from the first sound of the call.
How to personalize ringtones on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus
With both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus featuring tnew technology, setting custom ringtones is a breeze. If you want, you can select a particular ringtone for a particular contact, though not only for the calls that you get but also for the text messages.
Here’s what you should do if you want to set up a certain song as a ringtone for one of your contacts:
- From the Home screen of your smartphone launch the Dialer app;
- Browse among your contacts and tap on the one you would like to personalize;
- Look for the pen-shaped icon that will appear close to the contact name once you selected it;
- Select the Ringtone button;
- You will see a new window opening, with all the currently available ringtones for you to select one;
- Tap on the song you would like to set as ringtone for the chosen contact;
- Or hit the Add button if you don’t like any of the available ringtones – you should be able to browse your smartphone and select as a ringtone a song stored somewhere else.
All these steps being taken, you can now move on to the next contact and do the same. Everyone else on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus contact list will keep the same general ringtone. So, you’d better decide what other contacts you want to personalize.