Many new features have been introduced with the recent releases of Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus including security, controls and options hidden by Google by the average users. Here is some good news, by enabling the Developer Mode on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, you will be able to gain control of several hidden features which you can adjust on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
With your smartphone in Developer Mode, you will be able to control additional aspects of your device. You may also change the settings and activate USB debugging. For the advanced functions especially, you will need to unselect the hidden developer menus in the settings. Whether you are simply aiming to install some third party apps, ROMs and software or striving to be a pro-developer, you will need to begin by unlocking the hidden developer menus. This will also be necessary if you are simply trying to hack into and mess up with your phone. This process is easy and only takes 5-6 simple taps of your screen. Read on further for the complete instructions on how to achieve this.
Wondering if you should enable the Developer Mode?
Enabling the Developer Mode is safe because there is no imminent risk to your Samsung Galaxy S8. The Developer Mode will show you the options hidden for a reason by Google. If you are planning to modify your device, you will need to access some of these settings.
How to Enable Developer Mode on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
- Go to the settings menu. You can get to the settings menu by simply sliding the notifications bar down and selecting a gear shaped icon located at the top right corner of your Galaxy S8 screen.
- Choose About Device
- Select on Build Number (Note: quickly tapping the build number six to seven times can unlock the developer menu)
- With the appearance of the prompt, tap a few more times (4X) and you will be done with this part
- Click on the back button and head to the base settings on your Galaxy S8.
- In the base settings, you will see a new option above the About Device setting. This is the Developer option.
- Select this option to see the hidden menu. For full functionality, switch this mode on.
After enabling the Developer Mode, you should now see a number of settings on your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus for advanced smartphone users. The major advantage of unlocking developer menu is gaining access to these settings which average users cannot handle. You should also be able to see animation scaled options that have been set to 1X. If you want your Galaxy S8 to be much faster, adjust this setting to 0.5X.