The new Google Pixel and its improved version, the Pixel XL, has a very attractive feature that allows users to use apps simultaneously in its “Multi Screen Window Mode”. It is essentially a split screen view, that allows users to operate multiple apps on the screen at the same time.
The ability isn’t available right away. Owners have to turn the capability on within the setting menu before being able to take advantage of this useful feature. You can follow these instruction for a step by step guide on how to activate the feature and start using Multi Screen Window Mode on your Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Switch on your Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Access the Settings menu
- Find Multi Window under Device
- Find the Multi Window setting in the top of the screen, near the top right corner.
- Toggle the setting ON.
- Here you will find the option to have Multi Window View open by default.
After following these steps, the mode should be active. There should be a grey semi circle on the screen now. Follow these steps to use and reorganize the windows:
- Tap the semi circle to open the Multi Window feature.
- Move the app icons from your main menu to the windows.
- On your Pixel or Pixel XL it is possible to resize the windows by tapping and holding the grey semi circle and continuing to hold it towards the center of the screen.
This should open up the dimensions and allow you to expand or close the windows throughout the screen.