If own the new Google Pixel or the Pixel XL, you may have experienced some of the internet connection issues that a number of users have been reporting. One of the leading reason for this connection issue seem to be the Pixels problem with dropping wifi locations from its memory.
Here we present some quick ideas that you can try if you experience similar connection issues on your Pixel or Pixel XL.
How to Fix Slow WiFi Signals on Your Pixel and Pixel XL
Slow wifi can be a major problem when using social networking apps like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Whatsapp or Twitter. When connectivity is an issue, the Pixel and Pixel XL can tend to produce images that look distorted or greyish in color, as well as take long periods of time to load them.
At times it can also be possible for your wifi to be showing a great signal, yet you still suffer from lagging and other disturbances. Here are some simple techniques you can try to amend the problem.
Forget a Saved Wi-Fi network
This can help you reboot your internet connection. Follow these steps to delete a saved Wifi network.
- Select the setting menu
- Find and select Wifi
- Find the network that you want to delete
- Select the network with a hold press and then select forget. Another option shows that says modify. Uses this option to change the password needed to access your saved wifi networks.
Stop Your Pixel or Pixel XL changing from WiFi to Your Data without Permission
This feature happens because your WLAN to mobile data connection option is on, it can be turned off if you find it in the phone’s main settings. This setting is named the “smart network switch” and was implemented to improve the user’s constant connectivity to the internet. It can be disruptive if you don’t want your Pixel or Pixel XL to use your data automatically as you move from location to location.
How to Disable Smart Network Switch
- Turn on the device.
- Allow mobile data to connect.
- When connected to mobile data go to the main menu.
- Go to settings, then go to wireless.
- You should see the option for “Smart network switch” near the top of the page.
- Select this option to turn it off.
- Your Google Pixel or Pixel XL will now refrain from switching to mobile internet on its own.
Turn off WiFi on your Pixel or Pixel XL
It can be common for your Pixel to latch onto a weak wifi and not disconnect without you prompting it to.
The following steps will allow you to turn off wifi at times that you don’t need it on or want to try to connect to a stronger network.
- Make sure your Pixel or Pixel XL is on.
- Go to menu
- Go to settings
- Go to connections
- Go to wifi
- there is a slider next to wifi, tap it to switch the slider On or Off.
Wipe Cache Partition To Increase Wifi Speed
Follow these steps to clear your Cache. In most cases this will help boost the internet performance on your Pixel or Pixel XL.
- Turn off your Google Pixel XL.
- Hold the power button off, increase volume button and home button all together at the same time.
- This will engage recovery mode.
- A menu will appear. Here you should search for the option to “wipe cache partition”. Select it to start.
- The process may take several minutes. When it is done, you can start the phone again using the reboot system option.
If your Pixel or Pixel XL is still having weak internet issue after trying the above ideas, you should consider taking it back your contract provider. If it is found to have physical defections, they may offer you a replacement device or to have the phone repaired.