Creating new folders is something we all do to handle our data easier on all the devices we use. Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus also offer this function, as a natural and basic feature for any user. Whether you want to better organize your Home screen or to keep similar applications in common folders, you should know how to add a new folder on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.
In this article, we’d like to share with you two different methods for creating folders on both of the previously mentioned smartphones from Samsung.
- Pick whatever two apps you would like to have in the same folder.
- Select one of them and drag it on top of the other;
- Release the selected app and a new folder containing both apps will open up on the screen;
- Chose a name for this folder and introduce it into the special field from the top of the window.
- Select an app from the Home screen;
- Hold it and drag it to the top of the screen;
- Release it on top of the option labeled as New Folder;
- Edit the name of the newly created folder however you want;
- Use the keyboard to select Done;
- Repeat these steps to move other apps into the same folder.
The first method is probably a bit simpler since it starts with a basic action, the one of moving around an icon or a widget. Nevertheless, with any of these two methods, you can always come back later and add new apps with a simple drag and drop.
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus just became even easier to use – now that you know how to group apps under the same folder, you can download more apps from the Play Store, without overcrowding your screens.