The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is notorious for the extra-wide screen that it provides, yet surprisingly enough, many people who bought it are looking to set up that special One-Handed Use feature. With this particular ability provided by the TouchWiz, you should be able to use all the functions of your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus with just one hand.
If you’re comfortable with handling a smartphone of this size that way, you will definitely appreciate this opportunity. In this article, we’re going to show you precisely what you need to do in order to turn on this feature and how to start using it right away.
How to set up your smartphone for One-Handed operation
With your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus turned on, use one finger to swipe down the upper Menu:
- Tap on the Settings icon;
- Browse until you spot the option labeled as “One-Handed Operation” and tap on it;
- Switch its toggle from Off to On so you can enable the function;
- Walk through the steps and directions indicated on the screen so you can set up your phone.
How to turn One-Handed Operation on and off
- After you have followed the steps from above and enabled this feature, look at the top-right corner of your display for the Expand button;
- Select the Expand button and you will automatically return to the normal screen size;
- When you want to re-enable the One-Handed functionality, just slide your thumb in one motion:
- Starting on the left-hand side of the screen to the middle of the screen and back – if you are left handed;
- Starting on the right-hand side of the screen to the middle of the screen and back – if you are right handed.
As you can see, activating it and switching it on and off is quite simple. Now it’s time for you to practice handling a display like the one of Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus with only one hand.