If you’ve purchase the new iPhone, it’s a good idea to know how to get custom ringtones on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The reason why you would want to set custom ringtones for contacts and calls is that it’ll make your smartphone more personable and different from others. Follow the instructions below to learn how to set custom ringtones on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
How to set custom ringtones on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
The great thing about iOS is that it’ll allow you to make custom ringtones when you get calls and set them for individual contacts. You also have the option to set custom text message alerts as well as calls. The instructions below we’ll explain how you can set custom ringtones on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- Turn on your computer.
- Open iTunes (Download it if you don’t have it already)
- Choose the song you want to set on your smartphone.
- Now set the start and stop times on the song for the ringtone. (You can do this by right-clicking or ctrl-clicking the song and selecting Get Info)
- Now make it an AAC version. (This can be done by Right-clicking or ctrl-clicking the song again and selecting Create AAC Version)
- Copy the file & delete the old one
- Adjust the extension. (This can be done by selecting on the file’s name, and change the extension from “.m4a” to “.m4r.”)
- Move the file to iTunes.
- Sync your iPhone.
- Set the ringtone. (You can do this by going to the Settings app > Sounds > Ringtone. Choose the song you want to use)
Once you’ve follow the instructions above, you’ll be able to set ringtones for all calls or specific contacts on your smartphone. The great thing about creating custom ringtones is that you’ll be able to make your smartphone unique and personable and not worry about if it’s your phone getting a call or someone else’s iPhone.