A hard reset, as opposed to a factory reset, will only intend to reinitiate the hardware settings of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Whether the device has become completely unresponsive or it’s not working like it used to, a hard reset could bring it back to the factory default mode.
But despite the focus on the hardware issues, just like with the factory reset, this process is pretty invasive. Since hardware and software work hand in hand, the action will still erase all the data stored on your smartphone. Apps will also be uninstalled and settings will once again require a detailed restore and personalization.
So, before you proceed with the steps from below, you should access the Settings menu. Follow the steps under the Backup & reset to back up all the data for later use.
Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus Hard Reset – Method #1
- Begin by turning off your device;
- Simultaneously press and hold the following buttons: Volume Up button, Home button, Power button;
- When you notice the Samsung logo displayed on the screen, you can stop the holding and move on to accessing options;
- By using the Volume buttons navigate your way to the Recovery Mode menu, Wipe data/factory reset option;
- Use the Power button to select this option and confirm the reset;
- Again, confirm the reset by selecting the option “Yes – delete all user data”;
- Last, select the Reboot system now option and wait for the device to reboot.
Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Plus Hard Reset – Method #2
- This time, turn on your device;
- Access the Home Screen and head to the main Menu;
- Access the Settings icon;
- Go to Backup and reset;
- Select the Reset device option;
- Tap on Erase everything;
- Wait for the device to finish the hard reset and reboot.
As you can see, we’ve presented you with two different options that you can use in two different circumstances. Whether you prefer to use the hardware keys or the menus, you will get the same result. But there may be times when you cannot do a hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus because the display cannot be accessed. Therefore, it is better to know the alternative just as well.