If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus device and a wireless printer at your disposal you’re going to love the opportunity to print via a WiFi connection whatever documents that you store or receive on your smartphone.
Emails and images, PDF files and much more can end up from your Galaxy S8 to paper within seconds, provided you know the simple steps that we are about to detail in this article.
The thing is that your Android software is already equipped for wireless printing. You only need the right driver plugin and you should be able to use any kind of printer: HP, Lexmark, Brother or Epson etc. Speaking of which, this guide is based on an Epson printer, but the steps are the same, no matter what you have at hand:
- Select Apps;
- Tap on the Settings option;
- Scroll down until you find the section labeled as Connect and Share;
- In there, identify the Printing button and tap it;
- Browse through the list of default printers and select the one you’re planning to use – if you can’t find your printer listed in there, tap on the Plus symbol and you will be automatically redirected to the Google Play Store, browse for your printer brand, and have it installed from there;
- Once you have selected the Epson Printer Enabler (remember, Epson is just for us, because that’s what we’re using when putting together this guide!), wait for the printer to be found;
- After the wireless printer was identified, select it;
- Adjust the printing properties – you get to choose from a couple of different options, from print quality and layout to 1-sided or 2-sided printing or whatever else you see fit. After that, you can proceed with the printing;
- Now leave all these menus and browse your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus until you access and open the document that you want to print;
- In the newly launched document, you should be able to spot, right at the top-right corner of your screen, a 3-point icon – tap on it and from the menu that will extend, tap on Print;
- Tap on the button from the bottom of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus to start the print.
This is everything it takes to print wirelessly from your smartphone to any kind of printer – first, you install the necessary driver, second, you select your printer from the menu, third, you launch the document and hit the Print button.