Smartphones have becoming so versatile these days that we no longer use them just for surfing the web or chatting. With Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, for instance, you can easily juggle with all kinds of documents. Emails, images, PDFs, are all accessible and if you can read them, why wouldn’t you be able to print them?
You can print the documents on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, right from the device, without having to download or transfer your files to a computer. Aside from having access to a wireless printer, you will also need a special driver plugin on your smartphone.
Long story short, this is a Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus wirelessly printing guide. The process is pretty straight-forward and intuitive. But just to make it clear, we’re going to split it into four essential steps:
- Get the driver
- Connect the device to the wireless printer
- Configure the printing options
- Start printing
We’ve tested the instructions with a Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, printing via an Epson. Nevertheless, the guide should apply just the same if you’re using a Lexmark, a Brother, an HP or whatever wireless printer you have at hand.
The process of downloading and installing the driver plugin is so simple that we’re not even going to insist on it. Let’s dive in and go straight to the meaty parts:
Your Galaxy S8 wireless printing guide
Whatever document you are accessing, you cannot print it from the phone until the phone sees your wireless printer and displays it among the printing options. So, the essential steps in this stage are about selecting your printer:
- Open the Apps center;
- Identify the Settings;
- Go to the Connect and Share section;
- Identify the Printing button and tap on it;
- In the newly opened list with default printers, look for the one that you’re using and select it;
- If your printer is not listed in there, use the Plus symbol from the bottom of the screen;
- In the newly opened Google Play Store, browse for the brand of your printer and click on it;
- Return to the Printing menu from the Settings;
- Tap on the option “Your Printer Name” Print Enabler (in our case it was Epson Print Enabler) and connect the device to a wireless printer;
- At this point, it is essential that your printer is turned on, so the smartphone will see it;
- Once the printer was detected, you should be able to select it.
This was the most “difficult” part, if you can call it that way. Now you just need to tweak some of your wireless printer’s settings. You might have to look into the following options: Layout, 2-sided printing, print quality and anything else you find relevant in there.
How to print wirelessly from Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
Now, for the most beautiful part of the process, you only need to make 3 taps:
- Open the email or the document you want to print wirelessly;
- Tap the 3-point icon;
- Scroll towards the bottom of the screen for the special Print button and tap on it.
The printer should take over from here.