If you’ve just taken your new Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus out of the box, you are probably anxious to insert your SIM card and start exploring it. We really hope that you have a Nano-SIM card because that’s the only type of SIM that will work on Samsung’s S8 devices. Anything else from the other two types of SIM cards is incompatible.
But assuming you’ve solved this issue, we’d like to show you exactly what you need to do in order to take out that special tray and insert your own SIM into it:
- The package will come with a special ejection pin that you have to use;
- Grab that pin and use its thin tip to poke the tiny hole from the outer of the SIM card tray;
- As soon as the SIM card tray pops out a few millimeters, take it out;
- Place your SIM card as indicated by the graphic symbols, with the gold-colored contacts facing down;
- Push back the SIM card tray until it clicks shortly and it remains sealed inside the case of the smartphone.
Now turn on the device and start configuring it. Needless to say, make sure you put that ejection pin to a safe place, so you will find it easily the next time when you will want to remove or put in another SIM card on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus.