For those that have purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge, it’s a good idea to know how to reset password when locked on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. Most methods to reset password requires users having to do a hard factory reset that’ll erase your smartphone and remove all pictures, music, contacts and all other files.
But if you haven’t backed up your smartphone this can be a major headache so below we’ll explain three different ways to reset password on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge without having to lose your data. Read the instructions below to learn how to reset lock screen password on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge when locked out.
Reset Password with Factory Reset
- Turn off your smartphone.
- At the same time press and hold the Volume up, Home, and Power buttons.
- When the Android logo shows up, use the Volume down and select wipe data/factory reset option, then select the Power button.
- Now with the Volume down go and select Yes – delete all user data and press Power to select it.
- Once your smartphone has reseted, then use the Power button to select it.
- After you smartphone has rebooted, everything will be wiped and will be ready to set up again.
You can also read this guide on for an alternative method to factory reset the Galaxy S7. You should know that before you go to complete factory reset, it’s recommended to backup all files so you don’t lose anything in case something goes wrong.
Reset Password with Samsung Find My Mobile
It’s also possible to reset password with Samsung’s Find My Mobile (Find My Android) feature. This method will allow you to use the “Remote Controls” feature on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge to reset the password temporary and bypass the lock screen. It’s important to note that you need to have your smartphone registered with Samsung for this to work.
- Register your smartphone with Samsung
- Use the Find My Mobile service to temporary reset the password
- Bypass the lock screen with the new temporary password that is provided
- Create a new password for your smartphone
Password Reset with Android Device Manager
The final way that you can reset the password on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge is with Android Device Manage. With Android Device Manger, it’s possible to reset the password, by just using the “Lock” feature. This “Lock” feature that is available with the Android Device Manger can help you reset the forgotten password on Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer
- Find your smartphone on the screen
- Turn on “Lock & Erase”
- Then follow the steps on the screen to lock your phone
- Create a temporary password
- Type in your temporary password
- Set a new password
After you follow the directions from above, you’ll be able to reset the lock screen password on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge three different ways.