At times comes when you got to use your Google Pixel XL as a source of light. Although the Google Pixel and the Google Pixel Xl are not Maglight replacements, both can do a great job in providing you with a source of light when you really need it.
Previously, it was required of you to download an app which would then allow you to turn the flashlight on or off on the Google Pixel and the Pixel XL. That will not be necessary now that Google has introduced a widget which the flashlight on your Pixel and the Pixel XL on or off. For those who do not know what a widget is, it is an icon, small in size, which acts as a shortcut. This shortcut is then added to the Pixel’s or the Pixel XL home screen. The following guide will show you how to use Pixel or the Pixel XL as a flashlight with the help of the built-in widget.
Using Google Pixel or Pixel XL as a torch
- Switch on your Google Pixel or the Pixel XL
- Using your finger press down anywhere on the home screen until an option for Wallpapers, Widgets and Homescreen settings pops up on the screen
- Click on the Widgets
- Browse through all the available widgets and you will come across the Torch
- Tap and hold onto the Torch icon then move it to any empty location on your home screen
- Henceforth, simply click on this icon whenever you need to use the flashlight on your Pixel or the Pixel XL
- Simply tap on this icon if you want to switch off the flashlight. Alternatively, you can pull down the notifications settings to turn off the torch.
If you wanted an answer to, how do you switch on the flashlight on Pixel and the Pixel XL, the procedure provided above should provide a satisfactory answer. Using the launcher on your Google Pixel and the Pixel XL to turn on the flashlight should follow a similar process, the only variation being the location of the widgets.