Quick Connect on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus is a feature that users have at hand, but only a few are aware of it. In this article, we’re going to walk you through three of the most common questions that our readers have on this chapter. Hopefully, the answers will clear things out and encourage you to make use of this handy feature that you’ve been ignoring for so long.
- What is the Samsung Quick Connect feature?
As the name suggests, this feature allows a rapid connection between a smartphone and another device compatible with protocols like Miracast or WiFi Direct. Through this connection, users can display the content stored on their Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus.
- When can I use the Samsung Quick Connect feature?
There are actually a lot of instances when you would want and you might need to use this option. Because of the Wi-Fi connection that it supports, you can display any kind of files, from plain pictures to more complex audio files and, of course, video files.
Your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus will easily communicate with set top boxes, Xbox One, smart TVs, Chromecast and more. Feeling inspired? Then let’s move on to the last and most important question.
- How can I activate the Samsung Quick Connect feature?
There is more than one way to launch this feature and start displaying content on another device. You can do it through:
- The Quick Connect button available on the Notification shade, by pulling it down;
- Within the Edit options under the Quick Settings section of your smartphone;
- In the Share Menu, every time you try to share a photo, an audio file or a video.
If there’s anything else you can think of regarding the Samsung Quick Connect on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus, drop us a note.