The Home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8 is an extremely powerful and versatile instrument. You can fill it with all kinds of apps, widgets, and icons, move all these items around, create folders and organize information as much as you’d do on a laptop or desktop computer. The key to making your smartphone more personable, however, is to master a few organizational tricks, like the ones we’re going to share with you in this article.
Since the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus are very similar devices, the following tips should work just the same on any of them.
Adding new widgets to the Home screen on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
If you want to make a widget more accessible, moving it to the Home screen is the best you can do. So, the process will start on this screen:
- Press the Wallpaper of the Home screen and hold it until the Edit screen will launch;
- From the newly opened Edit screen, tap on the Widgets option;
- From the list of available widgets, select the one you want to move to the Home screen;
- That widget will automatically appear on the Home screen, where you can drag it and move it to an already existing folder or on top of another widget, to create a common folder for those two.
Moving icons around the Home screen
The more icons you bring to the main screen of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, the more crowded it will get. Eventually, you will feel the need to make some extra room and to rearrange the icons already in place:
- Identify an app that you want to move on the Home screen;
- Press and hold it, then start dragging it to any part of the screen where you want to place it;
- When you’ve reached the new location, release the app and it will be placed in that particular spot.
Creating new folders on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
If you feel like there’s too much information on your Home screen, you can clear things up a little bit by creating dedicated folders where you move widgets, apps or icons on a common topic. You could have all your social media apps in one folder, for instance. Or all your speed dial contacts in another folder and so on. Here’s how you can create a new folder on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone:
- Head to the Home screen;
- Press and hold on a particular app;
- Move that app at the top of the screen, and drag it to the option labeled as New Folder;
- Edit the New Folder name with anything relevant to you and to the new folder that you are creating;
- Select Done from the keyboard of your smartphone;
- Continue moving other apps as well, if you want to make them a part of the newly created folder.
All these considered you have all the information you need to declutter and better organize Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. No excuses for a sloppy Home screen from now on.