If you own the new smartphone from Google, it’s a good idea to know how to add widgets to lock screen on Pixel and Pixel XL. The reason why you’d want to do this is that you can make your smartphone more personable and customizable compared to standard settings.
In addition, it’s possible change the lock screen wallpaper on your smartphone. The following are instructions on how to add widgets to lock screen on Pixel and Pixel XL.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL: How To Change Lock Screen
The first thing you need to do to add widget to lockscreen is go to an open space on your phone’s home screen. In this space tap and hold to bring up an Edit Mode screen. This menu will allow you to add widgets, adjust home screen settings, and modify the wallpaper. Tap on “Wallpaper”, and choose “Lock screen.”
The default settings provides you with some wallpaper options for the lock screen, you can also add your own images by tapping on “more images” and picking an picture that is saved on your smartphone. Once you’ve selected the image you want, tap on Set Wallpaper button.
You can also add different widgets to lock screen on Pixel and Pixel XL. The way you can do this is by going to “Lock screen” and browsing the different options that you can add to lock screen of Google Pixel and Pixel XL.
- Show the Date – This setting shows the date shown on the lock screen
- Camera Shortcut – You’ll be able to instantly unlock to the camera from the lock screen
- Dual Clock – This feature will allow you to see both home and current time zones when traveling
- Clock Size – You can adjust the clock size by either making it bigger or smaller
- Unlock Effect – Adjust the feel and look of the unlock effect and animation.
- Owner Information – You have the option of adding social media handles like Twitter and other information.
- Additional Info – Other options like the ability to add or remove weather and pedometer to lock screen can be found here.
After follow the steps above, you’ll be able to add widgets to lock screen of Google Pixel and Pixel XL. This will make your smartphone more customizable and allow you to quickly view widgets without having to unlock your phone.