Using a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphone and a Google Chrome app for browsing is one of the most popular combinations these days. Nevertheless, those who use it, have beginning to notice how the paid ads that they are exposed to when surfing the web are surprisingly connected to some of their previous searches. This can only mean that Google is closely monitoring our online activity and, particularly through it’s dedicated software, tracks and remembers our moves.
Many Internet users feel annoyed by this type of marketing. At the same time, not many of them consider giving up on Google Chrome just because of that. If you think of it, even the built-in browsing app of your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus does it. Obviously, the solution is not to stop using it, but to better control it. This is where deleting your browser history comes in.
This article will help you to better protect your identity online. It will show you how to clear history. And it will empower you to erase the tracks of whatever you’re doing online from your browser. Let’s see how it works for your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Edge:
Clear browsing history on Google Chrome with Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Launch the application;
- Go to the upper right corner and tap on the 3-dot icon;
- From the context menu that will open, select History;
- Under the new window that will open, tap on Clear Browsing Data – it’s a button placed somewhere towards the end of the page;
- You’ll see a list of options expanding, with the types of data and information that you can delete;
- Tick the boxes according to your preferences and decide what you want to delete and what you want to keep;
- Remove individual site visits from the extended browsing history, if you prefer – this option is specific to Google Chrome, you won’t see it on the Android browser.
Clear browsing history on Samsung Galaxy S8 browser
- Launch the built-in browser;
- Head towards the upper right corner and select the 3-dot icon;
- You’ll see a context menu popping up, select Settings;
- From the window that opens on the screen, look for the Privacy option;
- Under this option select the Delete Personal Data option;
- Again, you will see a list with different web browser history and types of data – select whatever you want to remove.
Note – So far, you’ve seen the differences between how to clear browser history on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. As you can suspect, the options are generally similar, no matter what third-party browser you’re using. Plus, they all come down to the application’s settings. So whether it’s history or settings, privacy or personal data, you should be able to spot your options easily.