A slow Wi-Fi on a smartphone like Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus must be killing you. What’s the point in having such a versatile device at your disposal when it moves incredibly slow whenever you try to access the internet?
Have you recently noticed that your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus has a lag when you’re trying to use the Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Snapchat or Instagram? Are you seeing gray icons and pictures and are you unable to access them or it’s taking too long until they load?
If it’s not anything from above, perhaps you’ve noticed the slow Wi-Fi problem when trying to use Google Now. Chances are the display will block at the Recognizing stage or simply give you that frustrating notification “Can’t reach Google at the moment”.
Here’s the thing: no matter what kind of smartphone you’re using, the key to a flawless online experience is the balance between the Wi-Fi signal and the Wi-Fi connection. It might not be too obvious, but you can have a strong wireless signal and still deal with a slow connection.
In fact, this may be exactly what you’re dealing with and that’s why we have prepped some Wi-Fi troubleshooting tips for Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus smartphones.
9 best tips for solving slow Wi-Fi problems
- Initiate a Factory Reset on your smartphone;
- Tap on Forget network, initiate a new Wi-Fi network scanning and try to reconnect by retyping the username and the password;
- Reset the device that is giving you wireless internet access (the modem or the router);
- Tweak your internet settings and switch from the DHCP setting to the Static Connection on Phone;
- Tweak your internet settings by switching DNS to Google’s Addresses on your phone;
- Adjust the Bandwidth Settings of your router;
- Change the Broadcast Channel of your router;
- Adjust the security settings of your modem or router and even consider the Disabling Security option;
- Discuss with your Internet service provider the possibility to upgrade to a package that provides higher speed and bandwidth.
The last resort to solving slow Wi-Fi problems
As you’ve probably noticed, the above eight solutions are covering a wide range of potential causes of a slow wireless connection. Most users find a fix among them, but if you didn’t and it’s still incredibly annoying to use the Internet on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus, the final resort is to complete a wipe cache partition.
Your photos, videos or text messages are safe, no need to do any backup in advance. You just read this guide and discover how to clear the cache on Galaxy S8 and you should be able to follow these steps:
- Turn off the smartphone;
- Get the phone into Recovery Mode and wait until the device vibrates;
- Look around for the option Wipe Cache Partition and launch it;
- Wait a few minutes until it’s done;
- Restart the smartphone with the option Reboot System Now.
Let us know in the comments below what method worked for you!