The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus are popular for its wide screen. But when it comes to online navigation and experiencing a ton of things, no screen is big enough. If you want to connect your device to a TV and give your navigation whole new dimensions, you can do that! You can do it with a Samsung TV, but also with a regular TV. You can do it with a hard-wired or a wireless connection.
To sum up, there are two main ways to make the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus connection TV work. In today’s article, we’ll detail both ways and show you how to mirror whatever you’re seeing on your smartphone to your HDTV. Let’s get started.
The wireless connection basics
Note – If you have a Samsung SmartTV, skip the AllShare Hub from the steps presented below:
- Purchase a Samsung AllShare Hub;
- Connect the Samsung AllShare Hub to your TV with an HDMI cable;
- Connect the smartphone and the AllShare Hub (or the TV) to the same local Wi-Fi network;
- Go to Settings >> activate Screen Mirroring.
The hard-wired connection basics
Note – If you have an analog TV, you will need an HDMI to composite adapter so you can make the following connection:
- Purchase an MHL adapter – double check to be sure you pick something compatible with your smartphone;
- Connect the adapter to the phone;
- Plug the adapter into a power source;
- Connect the adapter to the TV with a standard HDMI cable – just plug it into your TV’s HDMI port;
- Set the TV to switch displaying video from that particular HDMI port.
Now, no matter which option you choose, you should be able to mirror the data from your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus to any kind of TV you that have at home or at the office.