Ringtones no longer have to be boring or annoying when you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus. Thanks to its ability to take in MP3 songs, you can make your calls and alarm tones more enjoyable than ever. Customizing MP3 ringtones is, in fact, surprisingly easy. If you don’t know how to do it yet, you are about to find out.
Once you learn how to change one ringtone, you will be able to personalize other contacts from your agenda just the same, or to change the ringtone for all your contacts at once.
So, bring your playlists close, select your favorite songs, you are now setting custom ringtones for contacts, text messages and alarms, on Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus. How cool is that?
- Turn on the smartphone;
- Tap on the Phone icon from the Home screen;
- Switch to the Dialer app;
- Browse for the desired contact;
- Tap the pen-shaped icon close to it;
- From the editing options, select Ringtone;
- Select a default ringtone from the context list that will show up;
- Or hit Add to browse for your favorite songs on your device storage;
- Select whatever ringtone you want to use with that contact.
Like mentioned, these are the steps for one contact. Everyone else in your agenda will still have the previous ringtone. Without having to insist on this one, you cannot select a song that you don’t already have on your smartphone. Nothing online or streamed will work.
Now carry on setting custom tunes from MP3 music to make your Samsung device more personal. Also, it wouldn’t hurt knowing who’s calling you and deciding if you want to take it out of the pocket or let it ring.