There are currently three different types of SIM cards available on the market. Unfortunately, none of them are interchangeable, which makes them mutually incompatible. If you just bought yourself a new Samsung Galaxy S8 or a Galaxy S8+ Plus, you need to be prepared with a Nano-SIM card.
The Nano-SIM cards are the only ones you can use with Samsung’s latest flagships. So, if you have any other kind of SIM from your wireless provider, you’d better make the change before you proceed with the following steps.
Now that all the incompatibilities have, hopefully, been solved, here’s how to insert SIM card into a Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus:
- Take out the ejection pin that you have received together with your new phone, in the package;
- Insert it into that special hole of the SIM card tray;
- If you’ve pressed it right, the tray will visibly loosen;
- Gently pull the loose tray until the entire SIM compartment goes outside the smartphone’s case;
- Place the Nano-SIM into the SIM card tray, with the golden contacts pointing downwards;
- Gently push the card tray back into the dedicated slot.
That was it. Now turn on your device and make sure the smartphone has connected to the network operator.
Tip: If you’ve lost the ejection pin, you could also try with a needle or a paper clip, though it might be a bit more difficult at the beginning, until you identify the right spot where you should put pressure on with the tip of the needle.