If you’ve bought the new Google smartphone, you could be dealing with a Wi-Fi connection problem on Pixel and Pixel XL. Some have reported that they’ve been having a weak/slow WiFi connections and that sometimes the WiFi changes to data randomly. If you’re having these issues don’t worry, below we’ll explain how you can fix the Pixel and Pixel XL WiFi connection problem.
Solve Slow WiFi on Pixel and Pixel XL
When using your Pixel or Pixel XL slow WiFi speeds can sometimes be seen when using apps like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and other apps. This can be concerning if the Wifi signal is strong, and the WiFi is being very slow. The solutions below should help you fix the WiFi problem on Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphone.
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
Once suggestion is to forget the saved WiFi network and then reconnect to it again. You can do this by going to Setting and tapping on the WiFi option. Next select on the network that you want to forget by tap and holding on it until you see the “Forget” or “Modify” option.
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings.
- Browse for the WiFi Network connections section and tap Wi-Fi.
- If you have Wi-Fi turned off, Tap on the ON/OFF button to turn it on.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi network profile you want to forget and Tap on Forget
- Now the Wi-Fi network has been forgotten.
Pixel and Pixel XL switches from WiFi to Data randomly
Sometimes your WiFi connection changes from WiFi to data because of the WLAN to mobile data connection setting. The reason that this happens is because of the “Smart network switch” feature and that was developed to automatically switch from Wi-Fi to a mobile network, when the WiFi connection is unstable. Don’t worry, it’s possible to change this setting by going to the Settings of WiFi and making a quick change.
Make sure WiFi is turned off on Pixel and Pixel XL
When you notice that you can’t connect to WiFi, it could be because you don’t have the WiFi setting turned off. It’s common for some to disable WiFi when they want to save battery life on their Google Pixel or Pixel XL smartphone. Follow the steps below to learn how to turn on the WiFi feature.
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Tap on Menu.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Connections.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Touch the ON/OFF slider next to Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi OFF.
Disable the smart network switch on the Google Pixel and Pixel XL and fix the WiFi problem:
- Turn on your smartphone
- Turn on the mobile data connection of your smartphone.
- Now go to settings Menu -> tap on Settings -> and select Wireless.
- Once you get to this page, tap on “Smart network switch”.
- Uncheck the box.
- Now your smartphone will not automatically switch between Wi-Fi and the mobile Internet.
How to fix slow wifi on Pixel and Pixel XL:
- Power your smartphone
- At the same time hold the power off, volume up and the home buttons
- Wait for the phone to vibrate and the recovery mode screen to show
- Look for an option called “wipe cache partition” and select it
- After a few minutes the process is complete and you can restart your smartphone with “reboot system now”
Get Technical Support
If for some reason after you’ve followed all the solutions above and you still can’t fix the WiFi connection problem or your WiFi is slow on Pixel and Pixel XL, it’s recommended to take your local wireless provider. There’s a good change that if the phone is defective, a replacement unit may be provided for you of it could be repaired.