Many Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus owners are perfectly aware of how many documents and different files and formats they can access from their smartphones. At the same time, not all of them are aware that they can print those documents straight from their phones. All it takes is having a wireless printer at your disposal.
With such a printer and the following simple instructions, chances are you will no longer need to use a PC from now on. Just think of it – all your images and texts, PDF files, Word Documents, Excel tables and even emails can be taken out of your phone and printed to paper. All through a wireless connection.
Have we got your attention? Let’s see what you have to do:
First of all, forget the wireless driver plugins – your smartphone already has what it takes to print. You just need to give it a couple of indications like with what to print and what printing preferences to use. So, if you have postponed getting the facts on how to print wirelessly from your Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Plus because you didn’t know what drivers to use, no need to worry about that anymore.
Read on and you’ll see how simple everything is.
How to select your wireless printer
For creating this tutorial, we used a Lexmark printer. Rest assured, any other model will work just as good, we had this one at hand and decided to use it. If you have an Epson, Brother, HP or any other printer, the instructions are really the same.
- Turn on your device and tap on the Apps icon. From there, go to: Settings >> Connect & Share >> Printing button.
- At this point, you’ll see a list of printers already installed. Look and see if your desired printer is among them. If not, select the plus-symbol from the bottom of this window.
- The Google Play Store will launch soon after that. Use the search box and type in your printer brand. Tap the search button and wait for the results.
- With the right printer selected, turn on your printer and get back to the Printing button menu from above to configure it. We used the Lexmark Print Enabler, by the way.
- Wait a few seconds for your wireless printer to be found and the wireless connection to be initiated.
How to print with wireless printer from Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Plus
With the printer recognized and found, you only need to have a look at the printing settings. From there, you’re good to hit the print button and see what happens.
By selecting your printer and looking into its menus, you will notice you can choose between several options in terms of print quality, layout, and 2-sided printing.
When you’re ready, launch the document or the photo you wanted to print. Most likely, it will be an email, so head to the top right corner. Tap on the 3-dot icon and select Print. Head to the bottom of the page and tap the printing button. The wireless printer should start printing the file from your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone almost instantly.