Apple has finally released tvOS 13 beta 6 to Apple TV users. For those interested, you’ll be able to download it to your Apple TV via your Xcode profile. It’s important to note that you’ll need to be a registered developer to be able to download tvOS 13 beta 6 to your Apple TV. It has some new features that many have been asking for and are finally about to get.
After the recent update to to the HomeKit vulnerability, it doesn’t seem like this new update brings anything new. Most likely this new tvOS solves some minor bugs and improves performance under the hood.
Designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models, the new tvOS 13 developer beta can be downloaded onto the Apple TV via a profile that’s installed using Xcode.
For those that are downloading the tvOS beta for the first time, we’ll explain how you can do this below. This process is a little different than iOS downloads. But don’t worry the process is very simple to update tvOS for Apple TV, just follow the steps below.
How to install tvOS 13 beta:
- Go to developer.apple.com/download on your Mac.
- Now log in using your developer username and password.
- To right of the tvOS 13 beta configuration profile, select on the Download button.
- Now you’ll need to Install Apple Configurator app via the Mac App Store.
- Connect the Apple TV to a power source.
- Now connect the Apple TV to the Mac via a USB-C cable.
- Open Apple Configurator.
- Select on Add Profiles and add tvOS 13 beta configuration profile.
- Restart the Apple TV after profile has been installed.
- Select on Settings on the Apple TV.
- Select on System.
- Select on the Software Update.
After you follow the steps above, you’ll know how to install tvOS beta on your Apple TV. It’s important to note that you’ll need to be a registered developer to be able to download beta versions of tvOS.
Overall these updates have been said to been have much needed and Apple TV users are much excited about this new release and beta testers are rushing to get their hands on the new release.