Though it is a cool thing to use mobile data on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, the coolest thing about the phone is the ability to share the data with other phone devices. It uses a feature known as the Hotspot on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus and Samsung could not have afforded to avoid it in their latest smartphone flagship.
It implies that if your smartphone has an active mobile data subscription, you can connect and share that internet connection to other devices like another smartphone, tablet or even still a laptop.
The following are the three easy steps to follow:
- Go to the Hotspot and turn it on;
- Configure the Hotspot the way you desire;
- Connect whatever device you need to the established Hotspot.
On Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus, is interchangeably known as the mobile hotspot or Wi-Fi tethering. As such, you will comfortably enable the Wi-Fi tethering in Samsung Galaxy S9 so that your device becomes a mobile hotspot without any problem if you keenly follow the above steps.
To expound on the discussion and make it easy for you to understand, we will expand the steps into three principal stages: it will involve wireless hotspot configuration; Mobile activation so that it sends out data; signal picks up of the second device and connection to Hotspot on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Step 1 – Turn on the Hotspot on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
- Head over to the home screen;
- Click on the app’s icon you see;
- Choose settings;
- Go to the Hotspot and Tethering menu;
- You will see hotspot. Select it;
- Tap and turn on the slider;
- The action will suddenly stop your phone which was connected to another Wi-Fi connection before you activated the Hotspot. It will only take a few seconds to for the wireless access point disconnection to occur on your Galaxy S9 phone;
- Then, click on the OK button to proceed;
- To know if this feature is activated, just glance at the Hotspot icon at the top of the screen.
Step 2 – Configure the Hotspot on Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
- Recap the steps you have learned above through once again heading to the Hotspot and Tethering to get the Hotspot menu;
- Find the MORE option and tap it;
- Then, choose Configure Hotspot;
- A new window will pop up that will allow you to:
- Enter or Edit the preferred Network name.
- Tweak “Hide my Device” preference.
- Select the security type you desire.
- Enter or Edit the preferred Password.
- When all things are set, select Save;
- Give the Hotspot a few seconds to turn off. It will again turn on, but in this case, it will have the recently configured settings.
Step 3 – Connect the device to the Hotspot on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
- Open the device you intend to connect to your Samsung Galaxy S9 phone hotspot;
- Check the Wi-Fi connection and turn it on;
- Using the Hotspot Settings screen settings, scan for the hotspot available on your smartphone;
- Enter the relevant information so that the connection is established.
Through the above processes, you can effortlessly enable your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus hotspot to share its mobile data to other devices via a wireless internet connection.