Forgetting the password on Huawei P20 is a common occurrence. To reset the password, you might be required to do the hard factory reset. This will obviously delete the files and the data on your smartphone. Therefore if you haven’t backed up the data on your smartphone, you can checkout the different approaches that you need to follow to backup the data. Here are the steps that you should follow to reset Huawei P20 lock screen password.
Resetting Huawei P20 Password Through Factory Reset
- Ensure the phone is turned on
- Now long press the Volume up, Home and Power buttons
- Select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option by pressing the volume down button and press the Power button to confirm the action.
- Highlight the “yes-delete all user data” option using the volume down to scroll to Yes.
- Use the Power button to select reboot.
- After the Huawei P20 has rebooted, you will find that everything will have been wiped away and you need to begin the setup again.
For alternative method on how to complete the Huawei P20 factory reset click on this link. However, note that before you begin doing the factory reset you will need to have backed up all the important data.
Using Huawei P20 Locate My Mobile To Reset Password
There is another option that you reset the password. This is by using the “Find My Mobile” feature. Note that this is similar to the feature called “Find My iPhone” on Apple devices. This is a “remote control” feature that comes with Huawei P20 and allows you to reset the password temporarily. And you will also do this through by passing the Huawei P20 lock screen. To do it follow these steps:
- Ensure Huawei P20 is registered with Huawei
- To temporarily reset the password use the Find My Mobile service.
- To bypass the lock screen use the new temporary password
- Now set another new Passcode.
Using Google Device Manager To Reset Huawei P20 Password
If you have already registered your phone with Google device manager also commonly referred to as the “Android Device Manager”, you can easily reset the Passcode. Note that the “lock” feature should be activated if you want to use this procedure.
- Open the Android Device Manager from your computer browser
- Identify your Huawei P20 on the screen
- Make sure “Lock & Erase” feature is enabled
- To lock your phone, follow the steps as indicated on the page
- Now set a temporal Passcode
- Enter the Passcode on your Huawei P20
- Now create a new Lockscreen password