One of the best experiences you will love about Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is the sound from these phones. The audio cues will be heard very often whenever there is an incoming call or just a message notification. The good thing is that this will not only be pleasurable to you, you will also be anxious to make it more recognizable by changing text message ringtone on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Which tone would you like to hear whenever your mom calls you? Would you also wish to hear a different ringtone whenever your sweetheart calls? If you would like to personalize tones for different contacts who call you, we will show you how to do so in this tutorial for changing ringtone on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Would you like to Personalize Message Notification on Your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus for different Text Received from Different People?
Whenever you want to this on your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus, you don’t need to change the settings in the message application. All you should do is personalize settings for the specific contact you would like to change. This, therefore, means that to change the message notification tone you have to begin with the phone application. Here are is the guide you should follow to change ringtone on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Open the home screen on your phone and click on the phone application
- Navigate to the contacts tab which is under the same view. You should be able to view the entries on your agenda.
- Pick the contact that you would like to personalize the ringtone for.
- While on the ringtone customization view for the specific contact, tap on the pen-shaped
- Click on the ringtone button and a popup window will show you the available ringtones.
- If you would like to listen to the particular tone to decide if it’s appropriate, tap on each one of them to listen to it.
- If you browse through the list and don’t like any of the tones, use the Add button located at the bottom of the list. This will allow you check out the other tones in the entire device and you can pick a different tone for the particular contact.
- Save the new settings after you have set the required tone.
- If you are interested in customizing message notification tones for the other contacts, do so while on the contacts tab.
Through the above steps, you will be changing the ringtones for specific contacts. This is one contact at a time. The contact that you will not set a customized tone for will have the default ringtone. This is probably obvious, but we found it appropriate to let you know so.
However, you will love the outcome if you have set the ringtones for the contacts that communicate with you often. Therefore, it is good for you to learn how you can customize the ringtone for calls and messages. When a particular person calls or sends you a message, you will be able to tell who it is even before you check the screen.