If you have been using Samsung Galaxy S9 or Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, there is a high possibility that after solving one pressing issue, you bumped into another new one. Does this new problem relate to the Messages application on Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus device? This is an issue that we have heard about for very many times now.
Some of the users face an issue when trying to send picture messages, while for the others, the issue occurs with text messages alone. This is while trying to send or receiving the messages. Additionally, you might discover that the device doesn’t automatically space words when you try to type.
Its common sense to us, that you cannot stand the kind of problems. Nest in out tutorial; we will help you tackle these issues. Generally, the solution is very simple, in the sense that it has been proven to work whenever other issues arise. Straight to the solution, you need to clear the cache and the data relating to the Messages app on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Note that in this tutorial we will keep referring to the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus Messages App and this is because the instructions are, indeed, targeting the built-in texting application. If you just stopped using the Samsung Stock Messages application for third-party, then you will need to go beyond resetting the default settings.
The Approach For Fixing Texting Issues In Samsung Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
- Navigate to the main panel of the home screen under the app’s icon
- Launch the Apps menu and select Settings tab
- Open Application Manager under the Applications view
- Navigate until you see the All tab Which is where all the apps from the Galaxy S9 are listed
- Select the Keyboard you are using and one that is giving you issues.
- Make use of the Force Close Option
- Navigate to storage and select clear cache and to confirm press the delete button
- Select clear data and hit Delete button
Leave the settings and move back to the Messages app. Now you can try to write a new text message. We expect that the keyboard will work well now. If you are still experiencing issues with the actual Messages App, use the above steps to fix the issue on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.