Have you ever tried to move icons around the home screen of Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus? You must have noticed that there are some specific positions where you can place the icons. The reason why this happens is that of the clear structure and organization of the workplace commonly referred to as the grid. Then we also have the changing app icon size on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
The grid is made of columns and rows which will intersect to form cells. Every cell is reserved to accommodate an icon. All the icons have same dimensions and so do the cells. Therefore, these icons have to fit into the cells. This means that for you to be able to change Galaxy S9 app icon size on the home screen, you need to change the dimensions of the cells. You might wonder if this is something that can be done. Surprisingly, it is something that you can do! Unfortunately, you won’t be able to give different sizes to the icons.
As you follow our guide, you will also notice that you not get too many options and instead, you will have only two app icon options that you can choose from. So, how can you change the size of icons in Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus? Let’s see.
How You Can Change Samsung Galaxy S9 App Icon On Home Screen
- Open the Settings view on your device. This can be from the notifications Tray or the Apps Tray,
- Click on the Display & Wallpaper tab that is listed in the settings and pick the Icon Background Feature
- A new page will pop up displaying two options as mentioned above.
- Select the one that is highlighted and check the preview section to see the changes that will come up.
- Swipe to see the two options severally and be sure to closely monitor the changes from the preview box. It might be hard for you to tell the difference between the two app sizes.
- Decide on one particular option and use the Done button to exit the settings view.
In case you changed the app icon size, the new appearance will be easily noticeable on your Samsung Galaxy S9. Changes will appear on the home screen and also on the Apps tray.