It’s undeniable that Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus offer the users one of the best-operating systems. However, when it comes to the chatting feature, the auto correct feature becomes one of the most hated features. To some users though, it is a helpful feature, but unfortunately, others find it as a stumbling block. In some occasions, the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus spell checker provides a wrong indication that annoys some people. This makes people desire to know how they can spell check on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus.
Well, let’s just focus on the option the spell checker offers instead of just pegging our discussion on how it is useful on the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. This feature has many options that make it work in your favor. This is by inserting missing words into its dictionary. You can as well disable the feature to allow you chat without interruptions as you type. To begin our discussion, the solution that teaches the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus autocorrect feature on the words that it should not correct is a good starting point.
How To Add Words To Auto-Correct Dictionary
The replacement feature available on Autocorrect annoys some people. This feature detects the misspelled words and changes typed words into what it considers more appropriate word. This happens as you insert a space after typing the word.
This interference can be gotten rid of through inserting the missing words into the dictionary of Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus. Simply, you can as well correct it by tapping the corrected word to choose the initially typed word as the right one. Whenever you type the same word, the autocorrect feature will automatically give it preference. The Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus Autocorrect feature takes time to learn and therefore as you text more a particular word, it will adjust to a given preference.
How To Completely Turn Off Spell Check On Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus
In case this feature annoys you, it is possible to completely turn it off. The steps we share here are not complicated, and so you can do this simply. Here are the steps that enable you to disable spell check on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus:
- Select the Apps from the Home Screen
- Head to the settings and select general management. Select the language and input option
- An onscreen keyboard will appear under the keyboard section. Note that you have several options when it comes to the keyboard, but we assume you are using the default keyboard.
- Checkout for the smart typing section that has other additional features. Unselect the features that you want to switch off. You will have:
- Predictive Text-The words that you type are used as the basis for suggesting the words on the keyboard field.
- Auto-Replace– Whenever you enter space, it will replace the words you have typed with the correct ones
- Auto spelling-Underlines words whenever it identifies misspelled
- Auto-Spacing– automatically inserts space whenever it senses unspaced words
- Auto Punctuation– Inserts appropriate periods or apostrophes whenever it detects they are missing
You have the right to choose whichever option you want. Therefore, you can choose to give Spell Check on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus or you can better still get rid of it.