With so many things you can try on your Samsung Galaxy S9, the battery will drain pretty fast. So, it’s a good thing that you can also recharge it just as fast, with the help of the quick charge feature. If you haven’t noticed your smartphone charging accordingly, as long as you’re running on the Android Nougat operating system, the chances are that the feature isn’t enabled.
In other words, if the device doesn’t charge quickly it doesn’t mean it’s broken, it could be that the option hasn’t been enabled on it. Perhaps you’ve even disabled it yourself, by mistake. Doesn’t really matter, now we’re here, and we’re going to show you what it takes to activate the fast-charging function. Are you ready to tweak the Android Nougat settings for this purpose?
To see the status of the Fast Charging feature on the Samsung Galaxy S9…
- Head to the Home Screen, on the main panel where you have the Apps menu;
- Select the Apps and next, select the Settings;
- Among all those settings, you should see the Device Maintenance section;
- Tap Device Maintenance and select the Battery option;
- You’ll be redirected to another screen, where you should tap that 3-dot icon available at the top-right, and select the Advanced Settings;
- Wait for the pop-up menu to show up and extend the Charge section;
- Within the Charge section, a Quick Charge via Cable option will be listed;
- Check the status of that option and make sure it’s set to On.
Just like that, when you no longer want to benefit from the Fast Charging feature, you get back here and disable it from your Samsung Galaxy S9. Now plug in the charger and run some tests!