Factory reset is a common way for fixing issues on your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro. The main benefit is that you get a fresh start on the device whenever you reset it. By so doing, your device is as good as new. Here is the procedure for factory reset on Huawei P20 and P20 Pro.
Before you proceed with Huawei P20 and P20 Pro factory reset, note that you need to ensure you backup all the files, the data and also images so that you don’t lose anything that is important. The best approach for performing the backup is: Click on the settings, and select Backup & reset. Follow the steps below to learn how to factory reset Huawei P20 and P20 Plus.
Procedure For Factory Reset On Huawei P20 And P20 Pro
Tap on the notifications section of your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro and select the settings icon. On the settings view, tap on the Backup and Reset which is listed under User and Backup. Now, select factory data reset. Ensure that all the important files and media are backed up and from the bottom of the screen tap on reset device. Tap on the delete all option to confirm the action and for the process to be completed and phone to restart.
Factory Reset On Huawei P20 And P20 Pro By Using Hardware Keys
In case your phones touch screen becomes unresponsive, there is a problem while trying to access the menu or you probably forgot the lock password, it is still possible to complete a factory reset on Huawei P20 and P20 Pro. This is through the use of the hardware keys.
- Ensure the phone is off
- Press the following buttons concurrently: The volume up, the home button, and also the power button. This should be until you can see the Android icon.
- Use the Volume down to select the Wipe data/factory reset option and use the power button to select it.
- Use volume down to highlight Yes–delete all user and press the power button to confirm the action.
- After the phone has rebooted, use the power button to select it.
- After the phone has restarted, you will find everything has been wiped and the phone will be ready for fresh set up.