A hard reset might be necessary when the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro phone becomes unresponsive or whenever there is something wrong with the phone. Through a hard reset, the phone returns to the default factory settings. Note that the hard reset on Huawei P20 and P20 Plus will possibly delete all the data, the apps and changes the settings of the smartphone.
A backup is therefore advised to all users of the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro so as to prevent data loss when resetting the phone. The backup procedure for Huawei P20 and P20 Pro is go to the settings and click on backup 4 Reset. You can use a backup application or service that allows you to save everything on the cloud. Follow the steps below for learning how to hard reset Huawei P20 and P20 Plus.
The Steps For Hard Reset On Huawei P20 And P20 Pro:
- Press the power button to put the phone on
- Once phone resets, on the Home Screen tap on Menu, press the settings icon
- Tap on “Backup & Reset” and then on the reset device
- Select the “Erase Everything” button to confirm your choice
Alternative Process For Huawei P20 And P20 Pro Hard Reset
- Switch off your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro
- Press and hold on the following buttons concurrently: Volume up + Home button +Power button. Ensure you don’t release then until you see Huawei logo.
- On the recovery mode menu, tap on the “wipe data/factory reset”. You can do so by using the volume buttons to navigate and the power button allows you to confirm the selection.
- Tap “Yes-delete all user data” so as to confirm the operation.
- Once this is done tap on the “reboot system now”.
After you follow the steps above, you’ll have the ability to hard reset Huawei P20 and P20 Pro.