Forgetting the Passcode is common among the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro users and therefore there is need to learn how to reset the Password. To reset the password on Huawei P20 and P20 Pro, several of the available solutions require that you complete a hard factory reset. This can delete all the files and data that is on your smart phone.
If you have not backed up the data on your phone, we have created several guides illustrating how to reset the password on Huawei P20 and P20 Pro whenever you are locked out and so don’t have to lose all your files or data. Here is a guide that you can follow to learn the different ways to reset the lockscreen password whenever you are locked out of your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro.
The Procedure For Resetting Password With Factory Reset
- Switch off your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro
- Long press the home button, the volume up button and the power button concurrently until you can see the Android Icon.
- Use the Volume Down button to select the option data/factory reset and to confirm the action, press the power button.
- Highlight the “yes-delete all user data” option by pressing the volume down. To confirm the action press the power button.
- Huawei P20 and P20 Pro will reboot
- After the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro restarts, all your files and settings will be gone and so you can begin the set up once again.
For an alternative method for factory reset on Huawei P20 and P20 Pro, read this guide. Most importantly, take note that before you start the resetting procedure on your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro you need to backup all the files and the information so as to avoid losing files and data.
Using Android Device Manager To Perform Password Reset
If you have registered your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro with Android Device Manager, then this is the first way that you can use to reset the password. To use the Android Device Manager to reset the password, all that you need to do is to make sure the “lock” feature is activated. The Lock feature available on Android Device Manager allows you to have the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro password reset whenever you have forgotten the password. Here are the instructions that you need to follow:
- Open the Android Device Manager from your computer web browser
- Locate your Huawei P20 and P20 Pro on the screen
- Activate the “Lock & Erase” feature
- Follow the steps illustrated on the page to lock your phone
- Set a temporal password
- Enter the temporary password
- Create a new password