Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus come with one of the most exciting features when it comes to connectivity. The feature we are talking about here is the Mobile Hotspot. Probably you have been experiencing a poor internet connection or even an insecure wireless connection most likely at the public places. You can easily share your device internet connection with the device that you want to use on the internet.
However, you first have to grant these devices permission so that they can connect to your mobile device. The capability to use your device as a mobile hotspot to connect other devices offers a cool experience.
In this tutorial, we seek to explain to you how as a Samsung Galaxy user you can set up your phone and use it as a Wi-Fi Hotspot. Or what is commonly referred to as Wi-Fi tethering on Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus. Many people have questioned how this affects the life of their phone battery. This is a question that might also be lingering in your mind as well.
This should not be a major issue of concern because the latest Samsung Flagship we saw a significant improvement in the battery. Therefore, this should give you some confidence when it comes to battery life. However, you can still expect that this feature will still take more of your battery juice though not as much as would happen were it not for the latest flagship.
These facts aside, we would like to focus on the main issue of concern which is the practical bit. For the Wi-Fi hotspot feature to be activated, you will be expected to set up hotspot on your phone. However, after setting this up it is advisable that you set up the hotspot credentials soonest possible. This is so as to ensure connection security and it is the main reason why we have the WPA2 security included.
Step 1 Setting up Wi-Fi Tethering on Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
- Access the settings icon from the notifications menu
- Open the connections tab
- Select Tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot
- Click the Mobile Hotspot feature
- To switch it on, tap on the dedicated toggle
- To turn it off, you will need to tap on the same toggle. You will get a notification that you are turning the Wi-Fi Connection off
- Complete the action by clicking on OK
- Check the bottom of the same view to find the prompts on how you can connect other devices.
Step 2 Changing Hotspot Credentials
- Navigate to the Tethering and Wi-Fi Hotspot from the general settings menu
- Pick the Mobile Hotspot feature
- Extend the menu by clicking the 3 dots icon displayed.
- Tap on configure option
- Change the password from the dedicated field.
- Click the save button so that the changes will take effect and you will also be able to exit the view.
After following these steps, you are now about to experience the best mobile hotspot. Remember that you need to turn on the Wi-Fi tethering so that the other devices will be able to connect. To set up the connection on the other devices you should use the password you have set above. This the true experience of Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus device.