If you own a brand new Samsung device, you may want to learn how to turn on and off autocorrect on Note 9. The purpose for autocorrect was to assist users in catching their mistakes when it came to typing and spelling on their devices.
Autocorrect is a very beloved feature when it comes to the Note 9. However, many are wondering how they could possible turn on autocorrect and others are curious how to turn off autocorrect. The reason that some might be interested in doing this is because at times, autocorrect may correct a word that you know is correct automatically, such as abbreviations and slang that the phone may be unaware of.
Depending on what side you are on, we will be discussing the way to turn on and off autocorrect on Note 9.
How To Turn Autocorrect On And Off In Note 9:
- Make sure Note 9 is turned on;
- Navigate to the display that will bring up your keyboard, Email, SMS, Note, or something like that.
- Then, click and hold the Diction Key.
- Next, choose the Setting option that looks like a gear icon.
- Look for Predictive Text that should be located under Smart Typing and turn the feature off.
- Once you are here, you will then be able to choose what settings you would like to turn off such as auto-capitalization and punctuation marks.
In the future, if you end up changing your mind and would like to switch back autocorrect to what it previously was, all you have to do is go back to the steps explained above to turn off and on autocorrect on Note 8. If you are using a third party keyboard, the process of doing this may be different.