Huawei released a new smartphone that comes with Autocorrect as one of the greatest features. This autocorrect on Huawei P20 helps users to spelling and fix typo issues that are common when entering text on the smartphone. Actually, this is the main reason why the app was developed. However, not all users like the autocorrect feature. This is especially if the feature autocorrects text that was not wrongly spelled. For the users of Huawei P20, this is an issue that they will also experience and it annoys them a lot.
Therefore, you might wish to turn on or off autocorrect on Huawei P20. In this article, we will take you through the process that you need to follow. You can choose to permanently disable the feature or maybe you can as well opt to have it inactive just when you are typing text that the feature might not recognize. Here is the guide that explains how to turn off and on autocorrect on Huawei P20.
Procedure For Activating And Deactivating Autocorrect On Huawei P20
- Make sure the Huawei P20 is turned on.
- Open the Keyboard
- Long press the “Dictation Key” which appears next to the “Space bar”.
- Select the “Settings” option
- Select “Predictive Text” which is right below the section labeled “Smart Typing”. This will deactivate it.
- From the same view you can disable other settings which include auto-capitalization and also the punctuation marks.
The same steps that we have labeled above will let you switch on and off auto correct feature on Huawei P20 in the future in case you want to do so. If you use a downloaded keyboard application, then the procedure for turning the autocorrect feature off and back on might differ from the steps explained above.