Among the various protection measures that Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus devices come with, the Private Mode is one of the least known. But those who do know it, love to use the Private Mode to hide photos and other sensitive information. Just so you know, it will help you too, a lot, especially when it comes to avoiding setting up a password for the lock screen. Want to know more about this feature that is also known as the Secure Folder?
A few reasons to start using the Private Mode and hide photos on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus right away:
- The folder where you hide your photos is literally invisible;
- The activation and the deactivation are as simple as tapping an icon;
- The feature is available by default, you don’t need to install anything;
- The invisible folder is password-protected;
- The options go way beyond simply hiding pictures.
How to make your sensitive files disappear in 3 simple steps:
- Enable the Private Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus;
- Start adding or removing files to or from the Secure Folder;
- Don’t forget to disable the Private Mode, when you finish moving your files, to make it invisible.
To continue with the good news suffices to say that the first and the third step are almost identical. Whether you want to enable or to disable the Private Mode, all you need is to make your way to the quick settings menu, to extend it, to spot the Private Mode icon and to tap on it once. If the mode was disabled, it will ask you to type the PIN code and the hidden folder will become visible for you to start editing it. If, on the contrary, the mode was enabled, it will turn off instantly and your folder will literally become invisible on the device. As for setting up the PIN, it is extremely simple and you will have the chance to set up your password the first time when you try using the Private Mode on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
Not sure how to add or remove files when using the Secure Folder? Go ahead and activate the Private Mode. Then, you can browse for that photo or whatever file you intend to hide and select it. Right after that, you will see an Overflow menu button on the upper-right side of the screen and selecting it will reveal the “Move to Private” option. Enjoy using the Private Mode to hide photos or other files on the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus!