What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when thinking about the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus protection? We bet it’s a password and, truth to be told, it’s one of the different options you have at hand. But the very same notion of password that you’re using with the Lock Screen, for instance, can be used to protect only particular documents stored on the device. Obviously, this second password doesn’t have to and shouldn’t be identical with the first one. That way, if someone finds out the password to unlock your phone’s screen and gain access to its content, your most important files are still protected.
And you know what’s the most beautiful part about it? Those documents are not only protected but actually invisible! Up until that person learns to activate the Private Mode and finds out the password that you have selected for it, he or she won’t even know if or what kind of files you’ve hidden with the help of Private Mode or Secure Folder, as it is often called.
In case you were wondering, the Private Mode isn’t some third-party app that you have to download who knows from where. It’s a built-in feature that your device already has. After we’re going to show you how to activate and use it, you won’t even feel the need to try something else. Plus, we trust you’re going to love how easy it is to turn this thing On or Off, with just one tap and the typing of your selected PIN. Are you ready to discover this amazing option?
How To Use Private Mode For Hiding Files On Galaxy S8 Or Galaxy S8 Plus
Like mentioned, the Private Mode is a feature that gives you password-protected access to a Secure Folder. That folder with its content is invisible to any user, you included, up until the Private Mode is enabled and the Secure Folder is unlocked by typing the PIN code that you configured. In that folder, you can hide many types of files, though most people will use it for pictures and videos. Anyway, you’ll get to decide how, when and for what to use it when the time will come.
Until then, keep in mind that:
- The Private Mode icon is listed within the Quick Settings menu;
- To get to it, all you have to do is to swipe down, on the Home Screen, top to bottom, using two fingers;
- One tap on the Private Mode icon will lead to activating it (if it was disabled) or to deactivating it (if it was enabled);
- When you’re tapping to activate it, you will also be asked to type a PIN;
- The PIN code is the one that you select when you activate the Private Mode for the first time;
- To add or to remove files from it, after you have enabled it, you must select that particular file and use the Overflow menu button that will show up at the upper right corner, choosing the option that says Move To Private;
- The moment you turn it off, after moving your files to the Secure Folder, those selected files will be invisible in the normal running mode.
Now go try these simple steps and let us know how it worked out for you. If you ask us, using the Private Mode to hide photos on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ Plus is super easy and intuitive!