From adding certain pieces of information to changing the display mode of particular information, the Lock Screen settings are full of surprising resources. Your Huawei P10 or Huawei P10 Plus makes no difference, it is equipped to offer you an enhanced experience, right from that first screen you see. To get to the root of all your options, you’ll have to access the general Settings of the device and see what’s underneath the Lock Screen menu…
The Data Available For Display On Huawei P10 And P10 Plus Lock Screen
6 Special Settings And, As A Bonus, A Special Unlock Effect:
- Dual Clock
- Clock Size
- Owner Information
- Additional Information
Everybody checks time and date details on a regular basis. Having the clock information displayed on the Lock Screen is very convenient because it spares you from having to unlock the device just to see what time it is. And if you’re having some kind of vision impairment, adjusting the size of the numbers will make a real difference. If the Clock Size does just that, you’re probably wondering what’s with the Dual Clock option. That one is for travelers who need to constantly remember the time of their current destination and the time from home. Of course, if you’re traveling the next state, it probably won’t make much difference, but if you’re changing continents, that’s when you begin to appreciate its value.
The Camera option is for adding a shortcut of the Camera app on the Lock Screen, to access it much easier. Whereas the Owner information and Additional information helps you to add valuable text information and have some widgets like the Weather and the Pedometer at hand.
As for the Unlock Effect bonus we were talking about, it targets a certain animation every time when you have to unlock the screen of the Huawei P10 or Huawei P10 Plus device. There’s more than one predefined effect to choose from, so we recommend you test them all. And if you allow us to be a tad subjective, we will have to insist on trying the Watercolor unlock effect, it’s our favorite, by far!
If You Master Extra Options But Want To Tweak Huawei P10 And P10 Plus Wallpaper…
It’s possible, as well. The Lock Screen can have its own wallpaper or share the same wallpaper image as the Home Screen. What matters is that you have the image at hand, stored on the device, and that you know where to activate it from:
- Bypass the Lock Screen and stop at the main panel of the Home Screen;
- Tap on whatever empty area of the Home Screen;
- Long press on that area until you notice the Edit mode launching;
- Select the Wallpaper option available within the Edit mode main window;
- Next, select the Lock Screen entry;
- Look at the available wallpaper options;
- Select the image you’re interested in and make yourself an idea of how it would look on your Lock Screen, through the preview option;
- If you don’t like any of the predefined wallpaper options, use More Images to navigate to a photo stored at a different location on the device and select that one as a wallpaper;
- Finally, whether it is a predefined wallpaper or a different photo saved on your smartphone that you have decided for, tap the Set Wallpaper button to make it the active wallpaper.
When you leave the menus and you lock the screen of your Huawei P10 or P10 Plus, the Lock Screen will reflect any of the changes you just applied. If you’re not happy with the results, you can go back to its settings anytime and do the necessary adjustments!