Bookmarks are nothing but shortcuts to specific internet pages. You must be accustomed to creating such bookmarks when surfing the web from your PC, but you should know that an iPhone 8 or an iPhone 8 Plus is giving you the same options. Use your Safari browser however you need and, any time you bump into a useful resource, save that web page so you can return to it later on, without having to remember its URL or any other information. The browser will create a dedicated icon for that website, you can customize it with a name that will ring a bell to you later on, and that’s it.
To Start Creating Bookmarks On iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus Right Away…
- Unlock the device and launch the Safari web browser;
- Use the URL for the page you wish to bookmark;
- Once you have accessed that page and it is fully loaded on the screen, hit the Share button;
- A pop-up menu will appear right after that and you should select the option that says Add Bookmark;
- Customize the name of the bookmark that you are about to create, if you want, or leave the default information from that Name field;
- Change its location, if you want, from the same window;
- Hit the Save button, when you’re ready.
Feel free to retake these steps for as many web addresses as you want or need. Navigating to the selected location will allow you to see all those bookmarks listed in there, from where you can take the time to group them in specific folders.
Just because we know you might end up with too many bookmarks, too many old bookmarks that you no longer need, here’s another tip: to clean up your Safari browser from these shortcuts, navigate to the Favorites page and use the Edit button followed by the Red Circle icons of the bookmarks you wish to remove. After each cleanup, you can obviously save other bookmarks on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus, though there isn’t really a limit to how many shortcuts you can create.