When the first screen that you’re looking at, whenever you want to use the Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus, doesn’t work like it should, you notice. But maybe it’s not just that the screen isn’t working properly – you want to make it work better, bring useful options closer, make it more appealing with a custom picture, or whatever…. Regardless of the situation, knowing your options is what you should do first. We’ll guide you if you want, but let us show you the fun stuff…
Are You Ready To Replace Current Wallpaper From Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus Lock Screen?
As you can imagine, the process is just a set of somewhat intuitive instructions, all of which are available in the Settings menu. You’re planning on editing some basic features, which means you must access the Edit Mode first. And then, you’ll have to select a Wallpaper, with the mention that you’re looking for Lock Screen wallpapers, not for Home Screen wallpapers. Nevermind that you’ll have the same default options for both screens, it’s important that, before you choose the photo you’d like to use, you choose the screen where you want it to show up.
Now that you know the direction, let us guide you through the process, step by step. That’s right, changing the Galaxy S9 lock screen can get even easier. All you need to do is to:
- Go to the Home Screen of your smartphone, on the main panel;
- Find an empty area (hopefully you have at least one corner that is not occupied with icons) and long press on it;
- Keep holding the selection to make the Edit Mode extend on the screen;
- When that happens, you can let go of it and select the Wallpaper icon from the bottom;
- Afterward, you’ll see the Lock Screen option and you’ll be able to select it;
- Finally, you’ll get to that list of Lock Screen images, the ones we were describing as available by default;
- Note that if you don’t like your current options, the More Images button is there to let you navigate through the phone and pick a different image for this purpose, perhaps something taken with your camera;
- Once the image is selected, the Set Wallpaper button is waiting for you – tap on it.
If you leave the settings, you’ll be able to lock the screen and convince yourself that the newly selected Lock Screen image is already in place. Nevertheless, we would advise you to hold your horses for a little longer. Before you quit everything, take a look at the 7 features that might accompany this screen…
- Clock size – to make it bigger, of course;
- Dual clock – to see both the home and the current destination time zone;
- Show the date – to remember what date it is;
- Camera shortcut – to launch the Camera app instantly;
- Unlock effect – to make the unlock process a bit more interesting;
- Owner information – to put some contact details at hand, in case someone finds it and can’t unlock it to contact the owner right from the Galaxy S9;
- Additional info – here you have limited options, like the weather info and the pedometer, but maybe you want to test them.
We trust you won’t regret that you’ve taken the time to get to know all of your options. Now that you know what the Samsung Galaxy S9 Lock Screen can offer, perhaps you will no longer deal with a Lock Screen not working. If you do, drop us a note and we’ll see if we can help!