Even such a specific problem, like the one of an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus not receiving text messages, can have multiple facets. To be more specific, some Apple users report a problem with their messaging app in the sense that it doesn’t work at all, with any kind of message, sent or received. But more often than not, Apple users report an even stranger situation, when the messages seem to be sent or received randomly…
For this reason, whenever we get such a complaint, we always ask the owner of the device more details about those random situations. And as it turns out, the situations aren’t random, but their pattern is a tad more difficult to spot, especially for those who don’t see this problem coming.
To cut to the chase, the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus not receiving text messages would rather occur when you’re expecting a message sent from an Android device. Just the same, you could notice that your friends using non-Apple devices don’t seem to receive your text messages. And that’s the pattern we were talking about, a pattern of an issue clearly connected to the iMessage service.
We get it that you might need some extra time to understand all this information. Until then, you just need to remember that the problem is with your iMessage service and there are two ways to cope with it.
Fix iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus Not Receiving Messages From Its Settings
- Go to the settings of the device and extend the settings dedicated to your default Messages app;
- In there, find the option labeled as Send & Receive and tap on it;
- Next, look for the option that says “Use your Apple ID for iMessage”;
- Obviously, you’ll have to use your Apple ID and gain access to the settings of the iMessage service;
- Once you do that, another field with the message “You Can Be Reached By iMessage” should be visible – you just need to make sure that, under this field, you have your Apple ID and your phone number written correctly;
- Then, leave the Settings and follow the same steps on all your other iOS devices.
Chances are that the issue was caused by not having all your data accurately filled in, on all your iOS devices. But if you follow these steps, it won’t be the case anymore.
Fix iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus Not Receiving Messages From Online Deregister iMessage Page
If you don’t have the device at hand, the alternative solution can be implemented over the web, on the dedicated Deregister iMessage page. Towards the bottom of that page, you have the “No longer have your iPhone?” option that, once you click on, will ask you to fill out a couple of fields.
Provide your region, phone number, and whatever else you’ll be asked, and then, simply select the button to Send Code. This will result in sending you a code on the device, code that you can type back in, on the Deregister iMessage page, at the field labeled as Enter Confirmation Code. With a final tap on the Submit button, you can consider the problem solved.
So, if you haven’t fixed the Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus not receiving messages problem with the first solution, you’ll definitely do it using the second option!