WIFI not working on Huawei P20 is a problem that is commonly reported by some users of the smartphone. The nature of the complaints revolves around Slow WIFI WI-FI automatically switching to data and forgetting WI-FI connection on Huawei P20. In this article, we will illustrate the possible ways for solving the Wi-Fi issue on your Huawei P20 device.
Ensure Huawei P20 Wi-Fi Is Off
Probably, your phone is connected to a weak Wi-Fi on Huawei P20. Therefore, you should ensure that Wi-Fi is off. Here are the steps that will take you to Wi-Fi settings on Huawei P20.
- Switch on the phone
- Tap on Menu
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Connections
- Tap on Wi-Fi
- Use the Toggle button to Switch off and back on if need be.
If Your Huawei P20 Randomly Switches From Wi-Fi To Data
Ideally, through the Mobile data connection WLAN option activated on Huawei P20 Android settings, the Huawei P20 Wi-Fi connection will often switch to data connection. This is through the “Smart/Auto Network Switch” which is designed by Huawei to ensure the user is connected to a strong network at all the times. This setting can be changed to rectify the auto switching issue.
Forgetting A Wi-Fi Network You Had Saved
You can easily remove a saved network on Huawei P20. To do so, navigate to the settings menu and identify the Wi-Fi section. Check for the signal that you want to remove from Huawei P20. When you have found the Wi-Fi connection, hold on to it for long and pick “forget”. (You will also find the “change”) alternative which allows you to alter the Wi-Fi password that you have on Huawei P20.
- Switch the Huawei P20 on
- Open notifications view by swiping from the top of the screen and tap settings app
- Navigate to the network settings section and select the Wi-Fi option
- if the WiFi is switched off, tap the ON/OFF switch.
- Tap on the specific Wi-Fi network profile and select the forget option to delete the Wi-Fi.
- Now, you have completely forgotten the selected Wi-Fi Network.
Procedure For Disabling Auto Network Switch On Huawei P20 To Fix Wi-Fi Issue
- Switch on the Huawei P20
- Switch mobile data on
- Navigate to Menu, then to settings, and tap on Wireless
- From this view there is the “Auto Network Switch”
- De-select the option so that you can allow to obtain the wireless connection that is so stable
- From now, the Huawei P20 will not switch from WiFi to mobile data